In 2010 I bought a Kindle and it changed my life! Since then I’ve been catching up on books I should have read years ago. Back then, reading technical books meant carrying bulky/ heavy printed books in my bag. The day I got my first kindle, is the day I started reading again!
Since then, I read quite a few books! Below are some of the books that got me hooked on Windows Azure!
Windows Azure Books Free on MSDN
Moving Applications to the Cloud, 3rd Edition
Developing Multi-tenant Applications for the Cloud, 3rd Edition
Building Hybrid Applications in the Cloud on Windows Azure
Windows Azure Books Found on Amazon
Cloud Architecture Patterns: Using Microsoft Azure
This book had some really good ideas. It contains many code examples and its quite a fast read.
Microsoft Silverlight 5 and Windows Azure Enterprise Integration
This book had some good ideas for Silverlight, Windows 8 and Mobile application developers. The most important lesson I got from this book, was the importance of cloud services. Never include your Cloud Storage Connection Strings in your redistributable packages. Always connect to service which act as a gateway for your Windows Azure Storage.
Microsoft Windows Azure Development Cookbook
This book had some good ideas, its also a fast read, but you should concentrate on the Patterns & Practices books before reading this one.
Windows Azure SQL Database & Patterns
Pro SQL Database for Windows Azure: SQL Server in the Cloud (Professional Apress) 
This book contains invaluable information for people who wish to work efficiently with Windows Azure SQL Database. I highly recommend taking the time to read this book. It’s also very well organized and can be read topic by topic as needed.
Pro SQL Azure (Expert’s Voice in .NET) 
Data Patterns (Patterns & Practices)
This is a great book to familiarize yourself with data movements. The concepts in this book are invaluable when you want to setup an SQL Data Sync between multiple databases.
Patterns & Framework Books Free on MSDN
Enterprise Library 5.0 Integration Pack for Windows Azure
CQRS lends it self really well to the cloud and opens up many possibilities. I highly recommend taking the time to read through this book. You may find something that’s going to change the way to design your solutions.
Async in C# 5.0
C# 5.0 bring new capabilities for asynchronous programming. These new features are crucial when you want to exploit available resources to a maximum. This book is short and to the point! Be sure to take your time to read this one, because it has lots of essential concepts.
Most important of all, beware of writing asynchronous code using async void!
- Autoscaling Application Block and Transient Fault Handling Application Block Reference
- Building Elastic and Resilient Cloud Applications – Developer’s Guide to the Enterprise Library 5.0 Integration Pack for Windows Azure
- Create Your First Application – Node.js and Windows Azure
- Drupal on Windows Azure
- Migrating Data-Centric Applications to Windows Azure
- Using Windows Azure Mobile Services to Cloud-Enable your iOS Apps
- Using Windows Azure Mobile Services to Cloud-Enable Your Windows Phone 8 Apps
- Using Windows Azure Mobile Services to Cloud-Enable your Windows Store Apps in C#
- Windows Azure and SQL Database Tutorials
- Windows Azure Prescriptive Guidance
- Windows Azure Service Bus Reference