Getting to Know Azure Mobile App
Microsoft Azure Mobile App has recently gone GA (General Availability) and has definitely captured my attention. Mobile App is a tremendous accelerator that enables us to go from an idea to a functional prototype quickly. Then, we can continue to build on that initial investment to create a robust production ready app. Finally, using Visual Studio Team Services and Release Management, we can publish our apps to our favorite app Stores.
Why Mobile App
These are reasons why you should consider Mobile App on your next project. They certainly contributed to my agility throughout my adventure.
- Build native and cross platform apps
- Connect to your enterprise systems
- Connect to SaaS APIs easily
- Build offline-ready apps with sync
- Push Notifications to millions in seconds
- Automatically scale-out to handle any incoming customer load.
- Build low friction server-side REST services.
- Benefit from a simplified data access layer.
- Deliver functional prototypes with minimal effort.