A few months back I wrote a post entitled “The ODataLib Dependency Issues in the Storage Client Library for .NET are Now Resolved”. In this post I was stating the fact that the dependency issues has been resolved.
Today I decided to experiment with this, because by fear of more problems, I’ve been restraining myself from upgrading to the latest ODataLib NuGet packages.
So, I checked in all my code and gave it a go!
To my greatest surprise, nothing blew up!
Thanks to this new Windows Azure Storage NuGet package I can finally work with all the latest NuGet packages used by my solution.
With this short post, I wanted to thank the Windows Azure team for fixing this bug. You guys made my day!
Not configuring the binding redirect as follows for your Web and Worker Roles:
<runtime> <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1"> <dependentAssembly> <assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Data.OData" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" /> <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-184.108.40.206" newVersion="220.127.116.11" /> </dependentAssembly> </assemblyBinding> </runtime>
Will result in the following error:
Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.Data.OData, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)